Cytonix hydrophobic treatments are designed for many applications including
- Frequently handled surfaces such as smartphones and electronic devices
- Surfaces on oil and gas sensors and metal mesh
- Surfaces on hearing aids, guide wires, wave guides and lenses on scopes
- Telecom industry devices where surface water and ice film formation reduces performance
Many of these surfaces are hard to clean and water film formation can have negative effects on performance. Cytonix water repellent treatments reduce or eliminate adhesion of biofluids, DNA and most other contaminants and prevent fouling.
Properties of Cytonix hydrophobic treatments include
- Nano coatings that covalently bond to surfaces that are less than 10 nanometers thick and completely transparent
- UV-curable coatings that are hard or flexible, transparent or colored. And adhere to metal, glass, ceramic or plastic.
- Additives that make other materials like plastic, paints and UV-curable materials hydrophobic and superhydrophobic. These fluorosurfactants and surfactants are used at very low levels and are self-healing coatings and surface treatments.
- Inks, paints and coatings with very low surface energy that repel water, ice and chemicals.
Many of Cytonix hydrophobic coatings are also oleophobic. These coatings are very easy to apply and often requires no expensive capital equipment. If your device may benefit from repellency to water, solvents, biofluids and other materials, Cytonix surface modification treatments should work for you.Featured hydrophobic treatments include
- FluoroPel 800
: This is a hydrophobic nano coating that is very easy to apply and dries in less than 60 seconds. This adheres well to plastic, metal, glass or composite surfaces. Thin films repel biofluids, water, fat, DNA, etc. [Order Sample
- FluoroSyl 3750
: This is a coating formulated for glass-like surfaces. It covalently bonds to glass and permanently makes surfaces omniphobic. This coating is currently used on smartphone touchscreen glass for its' anti-smudge easy clean properties. [Order Sample
- FluorAcryl 7298
: This is an additive for UV-curable materials that makes coatings oleophobic. It is used at 2% of total solids, creating surfaces that are easy to clean and resistant to water, earwax, urine, smudges, etc. [Order Sample
Hydrophobic treatments for any surface
The FluoroSyl hydrophobic treatment option creates a durable and hydrophobic surface. The figure shows the performance of FluoroSyl as measured by water contact angles before treatment and after abrasion on glass.
Abrasion resistant hydrophobic treatments
Third party independent testing has shown that Cytonix hydrophobic treatment options are durable, scalable and very high performance. When properly applied and cured, FluoroSyl 3750 is able to repel most materials after over 5000 rubs with 0000 steel wool. FluoroSyl when applied by dipping or spraying out-performs vacuum applied FluoroSyl and competitive materials quite easily.
Hydrophobic treatments for displays:
- Smartphone and computer touch displays
- Projection displays for LCDs, plasma, etc.
- OEM applications
- Optical components of video systems
Hydrophobic treatments for electronics:
- Ink repellency
- Inkjet printer nozzles
- Stainless steel components
- Microfluidic device barriers, channels and wells
- Antiwetting and non-stick applications
Hydrophobic treatments for optics industry:
- Eye glasses, sunglasses and other consumer optics
- microscope, camera and scope lenses
- Sapphire and gorilla glass
- Goggles for industrial applications
Hydrophobic surface modifiers for industrial applications:
- Metal and stainless-steel treatments
- Mesh treatments
- Pipe and canal surface modifiers
- Tin and chrome plated metal parts
- Blood and body fluid repellents
- Surface modifiers for guide wires, wave guides and braces
- Oil repellent treatments for gas, smoke and oil sensors and detectors
Hydrophobic coatings for consumer goods:
- Stainless steel appliances and devices
- Household appliances
- Blades, needles and other cutting tools
- Wipes and sprays for oil repellents
- Jewelry treatments for easy cleaning
Cytonix hydrophobic and superhydrophobic coatings are compatible with many substrates including the following:
- Polydimethylsiloxane (PDMS)
WHY CYTONIX COATINGS:
- Hydrophobic coatings from 7 nanometers to 25 micrometers
- Hydrophobic and ultra-hydrophobic additives that can form self-healing surface modifiers
- Flexible application methods
- Abrasion resistant or easy to re-work treatments
- Treatments for glass, metal, plastics, etc.
- Easy and cost-effective scale up
- Non-hazardous treatment options
- Functionalize pigments and also micro and nano particles
- Many application methods including dipping, spraying, printing, meter-rod, etc.